Gifts of long-term appreciated stock or mutual fund shares are an easy way to make a lasting contribution to Los Altos Community Foundation. LACF can sell donated stocks tax-free and use 100 percent of your gift to support our land-saving work
- Income tax savings—For securities you have owned for more than one year, you can take an immediate income tax deduction.
- Capital gain tax savings—Avoid capital gain taxes you would have incurred if you had sold the stock or mutual fund shares.
- Conservation support—Provide crucial support to LACF at a lower cost than if you had made a gift of cash.
Prior to transfer, notify LACF with the following information:
- Your name
- Number of shares
- Name of the stock or fund
- Whether the shares will be used to fund a trust or an annuity.
For additional information on donating these assets, contact Los Altos Community Foundation, 183 Hillview Avenue, Los Altos, CA 94022, Tel: 650-949-5908, Fax: 650-949-0807, Email: email@example.com.
Los Altos Community Foundation is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. All gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Los Altos Community Foundation’s Federal Tax ID is 77-0273721