Volunteering is a fun way to make a difference in the community while providing personal fulfillment and enjoyment. You can choose to work as a member of a committee or program, or as an individual at your convenience. Often volunteers meet others who become close friends with similar interests. In either case, hours are flexible and you can contribute at a comfortable level. Below is a partial list of volunteer opportunities.
Committee and Program Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Coordinator: LACF needs a volunteer to identify LACF volunteer openings, recruit volunteers and be involved in the recognition and appreciation of volunteers
- Development and/or Planned Giving and/or Endowment: Fundraising is much more than just sitting down to ask for a donation. You can help provide the resources that LACF needs to perform its valuable, community-based services and programs by being part of this committee. There are many ways to help, including planning, prospecting, creating materials, and stewardship of existing donors.
- Events: Join this fun group that plans LACF’s events during the year. Many opportunities to participate, including event planning, publicity, recruiting sponsorships, and helping to make the event successful.
- Finance: Put your financial skills to creative use by joining LACF’s Finance committee. Be involved in the strategic financial decisions and suggest improvements in finance operations and governance.
- Investment: LACF manages many different funds, ranging from Donor Advised Funds to Designated funds, to those of our programs and our operating funds. Participate in the decision making on how and where these funds should be invested to meet objectives.
- Marketing: Help LACF develop its marketing strategy and branding and publicize its events, accomplishments, and activities and why philanthropy and community involvement are important.
- Video or Photography: Use your storytelling talents to highlight LACF’s accomplishments, programs, and events.
- Social Media: Promote and communicate LACF’s accomplishments through this social media tools.
- Programs: LACF runs a number of managed programs and also fiscally sponsors “social entrepreneurs”. Get involved in any one of the programs and/or in the strategic evaluation, oversight, and management of all of LACF’s programs. The programs are listed on: http://losaltoscf.org/what-we-do-2/program-incubation-management/
- Mountain View Outreach: LACF is involved in a number of activities in Mountain View. Help contribute to the growth of these activities by joining this team.