Volunteering is a fun way to use your skills and resources to help Los Altos Community Foundation. You can choose to work as a member of a dynamic team or as an individual at your convenience. Often volunteers meet others who become close friends with similar interests. In either case, hours are flexible and you can contribute at a comfortable level. Below is a partial list of volunteer opportunities.
Committee and Program Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Coordinator: LACF needs a volunteer to identify LACF volunteer openings, recruit volunteers and be involved in the recognition and appreciation of volunteers
- Development (includes Planned Giving): Help raise the donations needed to fund LACF’s programs. Be involved with designing, planning, and executing an annual fundraising plan, member program policy and recruitment, and initiating and overseeing a planned giving program.
- Events: Join this fun group that plans LACF’s events during the year. Many opportunities to participate from event planning, to publicity, to getting involved with making the event successful. A partial list of events is http://losaltoscf.org/news-and-events/upcoming-events/
- Finance and Audit: Put your financial skills to creative use by contributing to the LACF Finance and Audit committee. Be involved in the strategic financial decisions and suggest improvements in finance operations and governance.
- Investment: LACF manages many different funds, ranging from Donor Advised Funds to Designated funds, to those of our programs and our operating funds. Participate in the decision making on how and where these funds should be invested to meet objectives.
- Marketing: Help LACF publicize its events, accomplishments, and activities and why philanthropy and community involvement are important. As a member of this committee you can help define LACF’s marketing strategy and its materials, media, and messages.
- Program: : LACF runs a number of managed programs and also sponsors “social entrepreneurs”. Get involved in any one of the programs or in the evaluation, oversight, and management of all programs. The programs are listed on: http://losaltoscf.org/what-we-do-2/program-incubation-management/
- Community Grants Advisory Board (CGP): Help evaluate the merits of grant requests from local non-profits and recommend grants for the most worthy ones. Information on LACF’s grant programs is at http://losaltoscf.org/what-we-do-2/community-grants/community-grants/