Los Altos Community Foundation is pleased to announce the 10th annual Gardner Awards on Thursday, April 3, 2014, from 5:30-8:00 pm at the Fremont Hills Country Club. This event honors volunteers who make a difference in improving our communities.
Nominations Are Closed and All Tables are SOLD OUT. Thanks to all who participated.
LACF would like to invite your organization to recognize and commemorate an exceptional volunteer at this celebration of community spirit. This is an ideal opportunity to spotlight a hard working volunteer and your organization, reminding our communities, our society, and the world that the spirit of giving is alive and well.
Please note that this year’s Gardner Awards will follow a different format than in the past. For this year’s Gardner Awards, any non-profit serving Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, or Mountain View can select an outstanding volunteer to honor at the dinner. With this format you have the opportunity to recognize and celebrate a volunteer in front of the local community of non-profits without having to host your own event. This event also provides the opportunity to highlight your organization in front of the local non-profit community and for you to meet and mingle with other non-profits leaders before, during, and after the dinner.
To summarize, the guidelines for this year’s Gardner Awards are:
- Any non-profit serving Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and Mountain View can select an outstanding volunteer to honor at the breakfast.
- Only one honoree per organization. Honoree may be either an adult or a youth. Husband and wife team is permitted.
The recognition of each volunteer this evening will be spirited and to the point, with the Master of Ceremonies reading a 100 word script for each honoree.
- While the script is being read, the volunteer will stand with the leader of the volunteer organization for a picture and receive an award. LACF will create a slideshow and as each volunteer is recognized, a slide will be shown with their photo with a highlight of their contribution and your organization.
- Nominees and their organization must be present at the dinner to be honored.
Details and Dates:
- Nominate your volunteer by February 28, 2014. Use the online form.
- Sponsorships and dinner reservations can be made online at EventBrite. Tables will seat 10. We encourage your organization to reserve early as seating is limited! A no-host bar will be available.
Questions? Contact LACF at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (650) 949-5908.