The Los Altos Community Grants Program supports nonprofit organizations and activities that directly serve the residents of Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and the surrounding community. Specifically, we award grants for events, programs, projects, and activities that:
- Encourage local philanthropy
- Serve vulnerable populations
- Enhance the quality of life in the community
- Create or preserve community assets
- Encourage citizen involvement in the community
- Foster communications about community affairs
- In cases where unmet needs are identified, start-up organizations may obtain incubator grants.
These grants enable stability for existing services and programs, innovations in services/programs and delivery, increased volunteer involvement, and/or stimulation of other grants and donations.
We accept grant proposals only for charitable, educational, or community building purposes, primarily from tax-exempt, charitable organizations. Grants are generally not made to governmental, religious, political or
profit-making organizations nor to individuals for personal benefit
(except for scholarships).
Apply Now for a Community Grant.
Partial list of recent and past Grants