The Los Altos Community Grants Program supports nonprofit organizations and activities that directly serve the residents of Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and the surrounding community.
Specifically, we award grants for events, programs, projects, and activities that:
- Encourage local philanthropy
- Serve vulnerable populations
- Enhance the quality of life in the community
- Create or preserve community assets
- Encourage citizen community involvement
- Foster conversations about community affairs
- In cases where unmet needs are identified, start-up organizations may obtain incubator grants.
These grants enable stability for existing services and programs, innovations in services/programs and delivery, increased volunteer involvement, and/or stimulation of other grants and donations.
We accept grant proposals only for charitable, educational, or community building purposes, primarily from tax-exempt, charitable organizations.
Grants are generally not made to governmental, religious, political or profit-making organizations nor to individuals for personal benefit (except for scholarships).
- Grant Application submission deadlines: Grant applications should be submitted by the fourth Tuesday of any of the following months:
- Note: For time-critical, unforeseen opportunities or for grant requests of $1,000 or less, contact LACF directly. In these situations we may be able to respond outside of our normal grant-making cycles.