Los Altos Community Foundation multiplies the benefits it provides to the local community by managing and fiscally sponsoring non-profit programs. Managed programs carry out LACF’s mission of strengthening community and increasing philanthropy and civic engagement.
Fiscally sponsored programs enable social entrepreneurs to start a nonprofit to address a community need, while taking advantage of LACF’s tax status, financial administration, marketing, mentoring, and other services. Some programs eventually become their own independent non-profit, some remain under the Foundation’s umbrella, and some are purposely short term.
- E3 (E-Cubed) Youth Philanthropy
- Leadership Education Advancement (LEAD)
- Los Altos Block Action Teams (Los Altos BAT)
- Los Altos Dispute Resolution Services (LADRS)
- Neutra House
Fiscally Sponsored Programs
- Center for Age Friendly Excellence (CAFE)
- GreenTown Los Altos
- Los Altos Forward
- MVLA Scholars
- Service League of Boys Mountain View – Los Altos (SLOBs)
- Silicon for Society
- Soil & Water; A Mountain View Community Learning Garden
- Stanford Changemakers
- TACO (Terrible Adult Chamber Orchestra)
LACF also convenes local service clubs to collaborate on scholarships, grantmaking, and other activities.