Los Altos Community Foundation serves our community thanks to the generous involvement of local residents and business owners such as you. Volunteering is a fun way to make a difference in the community and provides personal fulfillment and enjoyment. You can choose to work as a member of a committee or program, or as an individual at your convenience.
Help strengthen the Foundation and its programs by getting involved in one or more of the following Committee and Program Volunteer Opportunities:
- Volunteer Coordinator: LACF needs volunteers to identify LACF volunteer openings, recruit volunteers and be involved in the recognition and appreciation of volunteers.
- Development and/or Planned Giving and/or Endowment: Fundraising is much more than just sitting down to ask for a donation. You can help provide the resources that LACF needs to perform its valuable, community-based services and programs by being part of this committee. There are many ways to help, including planning, prospecting, creating materials, and stewardship of existing donors.
- Events: Join this fun group that plans LACF’s events during the year. Opportunities include event planning and support, publicity, and recruiting sponsorships.
- Finance: Put your financial skills to creative use by joining LACF’s Finance committee. Be involved in the strategic financial decisions and suggest improvements in finance operations and governance.
- Investment: LACF manages many different funds, ranging from Donor Advised Funds to Designated funds, to those of our programs and our operating funds. Participate in the decision- making process on how and where these funds should be invested to meet objectives.
- Marketing: Are you skilled with social media, video or photography? Help support LACF with its marketing and communications efforts. For more information, please contact Anna Weldon, Director of Communications, at 650-949-5908 or email@example.com.
- Programs: LACF runs a number of managed programs and fiscally sponsors “social entrepreneurs.” Get involved in any one of the programs and/or in the strategic evaluation, oversight, and management of all of LACF’s programs. To learn more about our programs, visit Program Management and Fiscal Sponsorship
- Mountain View Outreach: LACF is involved in a number of activities in Mountain View. Help contribute to the growth of these activities by joining this team.
Sign up to learn more about volunteering with LACF!
"As members of National Charity League, my daughter and I enjoy volunteering for LACF because it's great to support an organization that supports the local community."
- NCL Mother and Daughter