Simplify your giving by opening a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) with LAMV-CF
Many individuals, families, and organizations use DAFs as an easy way to organize all their giving through one expertly-managed and cost-effective giving vehicle while taking advantage of LAMV-CF’s services and expertise. DAFs are simpler and less expensive to set up and operate than a family foundation.
LAMV-CF Donor Advised Funds offer the following benefits:
- Your gift qualifies for an immediate tax deduction when you establish the fund and when you contribute additional gifts to it.
- DAFs are also an excellent way to create a family philanthropic legacy by naming your children or other family members as successor advisers and getting them involved in your grantmaking decisions.
Giving through your LAMV-CF Donor Advised Fund is easy.
- If you would like to grant locally, LAMV-CF offers personal service and knowledge of local nonprofits and their needs. You may also advise a grant to one of LAMV-CF’s programs and emerging nonprofits we help incubate. Our personal service is unique – no other DAF custodian can provide our level of local knowledge. You may advise a donation through our online portal or work directly with LAMV-CF staff.
- We can also work with you if you desire to recommend a grant to nonprofit organizations based elsewhere in the region, the United States, or even to nongovernmental organizations worldwide.
- You can recommend a grant from your DAF any time over multiple years. Unlike private foundations, DAFs do not require minimum annual distributions.
Opening a Donor Advised Fund is simple.
- Fill out the LAMV-CF DAF agreement (please contact LAMV-CF if you have questions or would like assistance in doing this).
- Submit the completed form and your initial tax-deductible gift (check, stock donation, or other assets). The minimum initial gift is $5,000. There is no maximum to establish a fund, and you can add to the fund at any time in the future.
- Choose your fund’s investment option (Cash or LAMV-CF Long-Term Growth Fund, managed by an independent investment manager).
- Start giving from your fund!
Donate to LAMV-CF from your Donor Advised Fund
If you already have a DAF at another institution but would like to donate to LAMV-CF, you can contact us and recommend a grant from your fund to LAMV-CF’s unrestricted fund or one of our programs. If your DAF is based at another institution (e.g., another community foundation or a financial service company such as Schwab or Fidelity), you can use the link below to connect to your account.