Built in the early 1920’s, the Community House was originally located on the property at the corner of W. Edith Avenue and San Antonio Road, near the DeMartini Fruit Orchard Stand. It was the original home on the property when it was a working orchard.
In 1997, Parc Regent use the home as a sales office for a housing development which was being built on San Antonio Road, just south of the fruit stand. The company offered the house to the City of Los Altos and the Los Altos Community Foundation asked the City to accept the gift on their behalf.
LACF raised funds to move and renovate the 1920’s style cottage. The house was moved to its present location at 183 Hillview Avenue. Community volunteers planned and planted the landscaping and continue to maintain the property today.
The home, now named the Community House, provides offices for the Los Altos Community Foundation and meeting, storage and workspace for other local nonprofit organizations.