2016 John W. Gardner Volunteer Awards Dinner
April 7, 5:30 PM
Crowne Plaza Cabana Hotel, Palo Alto
Scheduled to appear:
Featured Speaker, Daniel Harris, Program Director for the Knight Foundation
Returning Emcee, Jeff Applebaum
LACF’s Gardner Awards dinner celebrates LACF Honorary Founder John W. Gardner’s legacy by highlighting volunteers who exhibit his civic entrepreneurship and service in any of the five areas of his career:
- Public Service
- Science and Technology
- Arts and Letters
The guidelines for the Gardner Awards are:
- Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit serving Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, or Mountain View can select an outstanding volunteer to honor at the dinner.
- Only one honoree per organization.
- Honoree may be either an adult, a youth, or husband and wife team.
- The recognition of each volunteer this evening will be spirited and to the point, with the Master of Ceremonies reading a 100 word tribute to each honoree.
- Honorees and their organization must be present at the dinner to be honored.
Questions? Contact LACF at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (650) 949-5908.