Join LACF'S Community of Volunteers
LACF has developed an incredible network of donors, volunteers, organizations, and relationships that work together to make a difference. To us, these 'collaborations for good' provide rewarding experiences that bring the community together.
Volunteering at LACF
Currently, LACF is not offering any of our own hands-on/in-person volunteer opportunities due to the global pandemic. We encourage you to find volunteer options at local nonprofit organizations providing direct service to those in need, including those listed at:
Each year, Compassion Week brings residents together to build a strong, compassionate, and empathetic community through volunteer opportunities that expand participants’ understanding of local and global needs. An official sponsor in 2019 and 2020, LACF partnered - and collaborated - with Compassion Week to inspire local residents to actively engage in philanthropy and volunteer service. In 2020, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, 3,125 volunteers safely participated in 135 service projects both at home and remotely.
To learn more about the recent - and future - Compassion Week activities, visit:
If you would like to get more involved in the Foundation and learn about the community, you can apply your skills and experience as an LACF committee member. Most committees meet once a month (and at this time virtually) to work on activities that directly impact our goals and strategies.
Available committee opportunities include:
- Development: Fundraising is much more than just asking for a donation. As a member of this committee, you can help LACF target the financial resources needed to sustain its valuable, community-based services and programs.
- Planned Giving: LACF is building an endowment to help the community address issues for generations to come. The Planned Giving committee identifies and develops ways to encourage donors to include LACF in their estate plans and steward and thank those who have done so.
- Finance: Put your financial skills to use by joining LACF’s Finance committee. Help make strategic financial decisions and suggest improvements in finance operations.
- Investment: LACF manages many funds, ranging from Donor Advised Funds to those supporting our programs and operating funds. On this committee, you’ll participate in the investment decision-making process.
- Grants: LACF supports local nonprofits by providing many grants each year. This committee meets 2-3 times per year to evaluate grant requests and determine grants to award.For more information on joining a committee, please contact:
Adin Miller, Executive Director | 650.949.5908 |firstname.lastname@example.org
Join LACF's Board Of Directors!
Do you want to be part of a dynamic group of local leaders making a difference in your community? If so, LACF is seeking passionate community members to serve on our Foundation board. Candidates should live in Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, or Mountain View and commit to a three-year term.
To learn more, visit: