Los Altos Community Foundation’s Community Grants Program supports nonprofit organizations and activities that directly serve the residents of Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and Mountain View.
Specifically, we award grants for events, programs, projects, and activities that:
- Encourage local philanthropy and involvement.
- Address local needs.
- Enhance the quality of life in the community.
These grants enable stability for existing services and programs, innovations in services/programs and delivery, increased volunteer involvement, and/or stimulation of other grants and donations.
We accept grant proposals only for charitable, educational, or community-building purposes, primarily from tax-exempt, charitable organizations.
Grants are generally not made to governmental, religious, political or for-profit organizations nor to individuals for personal benefit (except for scholarships).
- Grant Application submission deadlines: Grant applications should be submitted by the second Tuesday of the following months:
- February – Upcoming Application Deadline: February 12, 2019
- Note: For time-critical, unforeseen opportunities or for grant requests of $1,000 or less, contact LACF directly. In these situations, we may be able to respond outside of our normal grant-making cycles.