Los Altos Community Foundation multiplies the benefits it provides to the local community by managing and fiscally sponsoring non-profit programs. Managed programs carry out LACF's mission of strengthening community and increasing philanthropy and civic engagement.
Fiscally sponsored programs enable social entrepreneurs to address a community need while taking advantage of LACF's tax status, financial administration, marketing, mentoring, and other services. Some programs eventually become their own independent non-profit, some remain under the Foundation’s umbrella, and some are purposely short term.
- E3 (E-Cubed) Youth Philanthropy
- Leadership Education Advancement (LEAD)
- Los Altos Block Action Teams (Los Altos BAT)
- Los Altos Dispute Resolution Services (LADRS)
- Neutra House
Fiscally Sponsored Programs
- Listos Mountain View
- Center for Age-Friendly Excellence (CAFE)
- GreenTown Los Altos
- House2Home Connection
- Los Altos Forward
- MVLA Scholars
- Service League of Boys Mountain View - Los Altos (SLOBs)
- Soil & Water; A Mountain View Community Learning Garden
- Stanford Changemakers
- TACO (Terrible Adult Chamber Orchestra)
LACF also convenes local service clubs to collaborate on scholarships, grantmaking, and other activities.
"Thanks to LACF's Block Action Team program, our neighborhood has become better prepared for emergencies and also a closer and friendlier community."
- Lan Nguyen & Ellen Schwartz