Volunteer at a Local Nonprofit
LACF's online directory lists local nonprofits and specific volunteer opportunities.
Join LACF'S Community of Volunteers
Do you want to make a difference in our community and meet fun, involved people at the same time? LACF is always looking for volunteers to contribute their talent, professional insight, and fresh ideas to our events, committees, and programs. Thanks to our volunteers we are able to serve our community as well as we do.LACF offers a range of volunteer opportunities depending on interests, skills, and availability.
Here’s an overview of our volunteer opportunities:
Are you looking for an occasional volunteer opportunity? If so, LACF is looking for volunteers to help before, during, or after our numerous community events, in the office, and on select communications and marketing projects. For more information, please contact:
General Volunteer Opportunities:
Annette Knapp, Volunteer Coordinator | 650.949.5908 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to learn more about volunteering with LACF!
If you would like to get more involved in the Foundation and learn about the community, you can apply your skills and experience as a member of an LACF committee and/or program team. Most committees meet once a month to work on activities that directly impact our goals and strategies.
Following is a list of available committee and program opportunities:
- Development: Fundraising is much more than just asking for a donation. As a member of this committee, you can help LACF target the financial resources needed to sustain its valuable, community-based services and programs.
- Planned Giving: LACF is building an endowment to help the community address issues for generations to come. The Planned Giving committee identifies and develops ways to encourage donors to include LACF in their estate plans and steward and thank those who have done so.
- Finance: Put your financial skills to use by joining LACF’s Finance committee. Help make strategic financial decisions and suggest improvements in finance operations.
- Investment: LACF manages many funds, ranging from Donor Advised Funds and Designated funds, to those of our programs and our operating funds. On this committee, you’ll participate in the decision-making process on how these funds should be invested.
- Grants: LACF supports local nonprofits by providing many grants each year. This committee meets 2-3 times per year to evaluate grant requests and determine grants to award.
- Programs: LACF’s programs carry out our mission of strengthening community and increasing philanthropy and civic engagement. As a volunteer, you will contribute strategic insights and help develop and grow program areas. To learn more about LACF’s managed programs please visit the following program links:
- Block Action Team (BAT) Program
- Leadership, Education & Advancement (LEAD) Program
- E3 Youth Philanthropy Program
For more information on joining a committee or program team, please contact:
Joe Eyre, Executive Director | 650.949.5908 | email@example.com
Are You Interested in Joining the LACF Board Of Directors?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic group of local leaders making a difference in our community? If so, LACF is seeking passionate community members to serve on our Foundation board. Candidates should live in Los Altos, Los Altos Hills or Mountain View and commit to a three-year term.
To learn more visit our Board of Directors page.